P262 vs P422

Samad

Am seriously considering either of the above but need a little more clarity on the difference between them. My current power amp has an output of 120w/ch and suffices for my B&W 706 S2. Please advise. Thanks

Am seriously considering either of the above but need a little more clarity on the difference between them. My current power amp has an output of 120w/ch and suffices for my B&W 706 S2. Please advise. Thanks
Hi @Samad

The major difference is power output. In terms of noise and distortion they are pretty much the same. They also sound very much the same in terms of tonality.

The extra power of the P422 will give you a more dynamic sound, and I suppose more future proof in case you change speakers later on.

May I ask what power amp it is you are currently using?

Alan

It’s the Nuprime STA-9. Took the chance to jump on the class D amplification band wagon without hearing it and was very impressed indeed when compared to previous class A-B.

It’s the Nuprime STA-9. Took the chance to jump on the class D amplification band wagon without hearing it and was very impressed indeed when compared to previous class A-B.
Hi @Samad

The p262 and p422 are significantly superior to the Nuprime in terms of technical performance.

I will send a pm 😀

Back