P262 Review Cons

ShutterTales

I am yet to receive by P262 power amplifier in the next few days and I am honestly very excited to see it in the flesh.

I have stumbled across a review of the March Audio power amplifiers and all of them are generally of high praises of the product. However, the only cons that I needed to clairify is when the say the stand-by power is temperamental. What did they mean by that?

I am yet to receive by P262 power amplifier in the next few days and I am honestly very excited to see it in the flesh.

I have stumbled across a review of the March Audio power amplifiers and all of them are generally of high praises of the product. However, the only cons that I needed to clairify is when the say the stand-by power is temperamental. What did they mean by that?

Hi @ShutterTales

What it means (with the greatest respect to them) is that the reviewer didn't read the manual 😀.

The power button is a touch switch, but not in the sense of say your mobile phone screen.

It's a piezoelectric device which does require a degree of physical pressure to operate. As the manual says:

PLEASE NOTE: To prevent inadvertent operation, the power button is designed to be insensitive to light touch or objects brushing against it. A firm short push or tap is required to effect operation

We have thousands of amps out There and we are not seeing any feedback from customers regarding problems with operating the switch.

A video of the switch operation

Hope that helps

Alan

Back